This class is held in person. Properly fitted masks must be worn for the duration of your time in the building.
Session one is now FULL – please email email@example.com to get on the waiting list.
Tuesdays 5:00 – 6:00 PM
For young singers in 1st – 5th grades
$125 per session
Does your child like to sing? This class will teach the youngest of singers how to use their voice in the healthiest way through group warm ups and songs (students will have input into our song choices,) and begin to teach the basics of note reading through games, arts and crafts and other group activities. We’ll also participate in acting improvisation games to help us fully tell the story of a song. While offered in four, eight week sessions, the class is designed to be taken for the duration of the school year.
Advantages of a group voice class:
- You’ll socialize with others who also love singing and being creative the way that you do!
- For young voices, singing in a group helps to foster their sense of pitch and rhythm – matching pitch can be learned and developed, and keeping time in a group helps to learn to keep a steady tempo (speed) with everyone else.
- Learn to harmonize with one another – a skill all it’s own!
- Build confidence in performing by singing in front of others by yourself or with a few others on a regular basis.
- Accountability and responsibility – if you know that you have to memorize a part of a song to sing as a solo or duet, you may be more motivated to do this when you know your actions will directly impact another musician
- You’ll be more confident in any speeches or presentations you have to give in school or elsewhere. Many of my older students have said their voice/theatre classes at EEPA have helped them become solid public speakers.
Session 1: 9/12/21 – 11/5/21 FULL – please email firstname.lastname@example.org to get on the waiting list.
Session 2: 11/14/21 – 01/21/22
Session 3: 01/30/22 – 03/25/22
Session 4: 04/03-22 – 05/27/22