Group Piano Lessons for young musicians in First through Sixth grades
PB&J will return in a new, updated format in the fall of 2023. Please email email@example.com if you would like to be notified when registration opens.
PB&J classes will find up to 6 students rotating through 3 stations in each lesson that include:
- Group instruction and activity relating to that day’s new lesson content
- Supervised small group practice time, with each student at their own keyboard with headphones (the student and teacher can hear one keyboard at a time.)
- Theory games – this may include activities like using Duplo blocks to create a rhythmic or melodic pattern, internet based content, activities from the Piano Pronto books (see below) and coloring/drawing activities
Why take group piano lessons?
- Bond with friends who have the same interest and skill set as you
- You’ll have a practice partner!
- We can work up to playing duets
- Team Work- everyone has the same assignment, so you can help each other by sharing tips and learn from one another
- Games are more fun with others!
- Stage fright will go away faster as you play and practice for your peers each week
- You’ll be more confident in any speeches or presentations you have to give in school or elsewhere
- Substantial savings – save $150 per quarter over private lessons
EEPA Group Class Policies PDF Group Class Student Expectations
- Tuesdays from 6:15-7:00 pm
- $132 per quarter
Required Materials – students are responsible for purchasing the following from the Piano Pronto series:
- Piano Pronto – Prelude Method Book
- Piano Pronto – Prelude Power Pages
- Home instrument to practice on (Need some advice on a piano or keyboard? Check out this What Instrument Do I Need for Piano Lessons guide that EEPA owner Jamie wrote)